sábado, 14 de abril de 2012

Peter Saville - Graphic Designer

Peter Saville, Graphic Designer , 1955 Born in Manchester, England.


Study Graphic Design at Manchester Metropolitan University. It is known for his work for Factory Records artists, he has made the covers of various artists, but especially for Joy Division and New Order.




For me, Saville can do all kinds of designs, his designs are simple but tastefully and delicate, without overloading the picture. 


"I have always admired Peter Saville because he is one of the rare people in the music industry who really cares about what he does" (Brett Anderson 2003,Designed By Peter Saville p.260) 

I think that’s important for make music album because you have to capture the attention of the buyer but with something direct. 
In the same way, I like it because it has many psychedelic designs, I guess if we go past the era of "The Beatles" ’60, ’70 and ‘80. 

(this design is not made by P.Saville)

In my opinion all the factors affects the to designs of those who lived through that time. I’m not saying that his designs are based on these times, just that when I saw these designs I remain 
that. Just my opinon. So yes, I like their designs, colorful and cheerful breaking the monotony.
 "Saville had begun to realise the value of his own history" - (Gary Hook.2003)





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario